Our client is a financial institution, they are looking for a senior manager to join their supervisory and policy making division to lead a newly created team to make effective use of data, both direct measurements of performance as well as big new data-sets on derivatives and secured financing...
Senior Manager – Banking Risk, Research & Policy
Our client is a financial institution, they are looking for a senior manager to join their supervisory and policy making division to lead a newly created team to make effective use of data, both direct measurements of performance as well as big new data-sets on derivatives and secured financing transactions (SFT).
You would lead the data team and support the Head of Division in managing the division as part of the senior management team.
· Developing and implementing data strategy. You would take the lead in setting the division’s data strategy: ie the data sources they have access to; how they access and store data; and how they ensure that they are exploiting data effectively. This would include chairing the data users group.
· Contributing to analytical and research work using the data. Part of the team’s role is to showcase the potential of the data by using it in analytical and research projects, often working jointly with policy or research staff. You will contribute to that work, providing technical and analytical direction.
· Helping the team to further exploit their interrogation of key regulatory datasets. This includes shaping regular reporting, as well as using (new) data sources to inform key policy and supervisory judgements and fulfil regulatory data-sharing commitments. There has been a significant investment in recent years to increase access to new; more granular; and more consistent data. They believe that consolidating their data expertise within one team, will ensure that they effectively leverage their pro-active quantitative capability. Your job will be to make that happen!
· Leading the team. The team will consist of two research assistants and 3-4 analysts. You would ensure that key deliverables were met, prioritising appropriately; and develop staff through feedback and setting stretching objectives.
· Leading system enhancements to the availability & use of data. A project is currently under way to better ingest, store and access derivatives trade repository data. The new jobholder would take the leading role from the business end in ensuring the success of the project.
· Policy development including external engagement. There is considerable international policy work on topics such as: agreeing the access of authorities to data; deciding which firms should be included in reporting; and sharing & aggregating data cross-border. You would lead the firm’s input, developing contacts with regulators and industry, and speaking at conferences.
They are looking for someone with:
- sufficient technical, policy and analytical expertise to be able to meet effectively the range of responsibilities listed over time. This could have been gained in a variety of ways (ie roles, academic backgrounds).
- strong people-management - the ability to manage staff – developing them & keeping them motivated, stretched and challenged.
- excellent interpersonal skills - the ability to build and maintain good working relationships with internal and external parties.
- a passion for making the most of data !
Location: City of London
Flexibility: 4 or 5 days a week with some home-working
Salary: up to £90K plus cash allowance, excellent pension and benefits
Closing date 6th April