Head of Marketing, Cambridge, Flexible, Educational Charity.
Our client is an educational charity, they are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic head of marketing.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and committed individual to lead and develop their sales and marketing activities, reporting directly to the CEO with three direct reports as a member of the Senior Management Team.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to demonstrate high levels of business acumen and the ability to provide direction on and lead on the implementation of strategic goals and objectives.
- Manage all business development activity including creating and evaluating business opportunities through a variety of mediums including Sales, Marketing, Digital Capability and networking.
- Have business development experience ideally from a mixture of large and small businesses so they can bring best practice including establishing targets and KPIs. They will have experience of working in the educational sector although a broad range of experience is advantageous.
- Be hands-on and skilled in the deployment of modern marketing (CIM qualification would be expected) as well as good at managing and co-ordinating others( internal and external). They will lead a small team and co-ordinate with other internal departments and external agencies.
- Take ownership of marketing and sales, drive cost-effective revenue growth through existing channels and identify new channels to market.
Marketing, Sales and Nurturing
- Lead the development and implementation of the annual strategic marketing plan
- Provision of effective and timely marketing and sales analysis and guidance on all related activities, plans, targets and business drivers to the Senior Management team.
- Manage and enhance the organisation's digital presence
- Manage the reputation of the organisation including the use of external reference websites
- Develop and create regular content programs for Sales and Clients .
- Create effective lead generation and nurturing programmes to deliver sufficient high quality leads to achieve sales targets
- Develop and manage effective integrated systems to improve, automate and streamline current processes
- Create effective sales communications campaigns
- Work with relevant stakeholders on conference presentations exhibitions and events
- Manage the integration of external agencies for public relations, social media , design and digital development
- Regular monitoring of competitive nature of the organisation's offering versus direct and indirect competitors.
- Lead on the development of new product offering
- Manage the development of alumni and through them grow the reputation of the organisation. Together with the maintenance of excellent relations for future Fundraising and product development .
Flexibility: Full or part-time, flexible working
Salary: £40K basic plus benefits