Join a leading, high profile campaign to increase the participation, contribution and success of women in science, engineering and technology across the UK. WISE provides expert support to a growing membership of over 160 organisations and several thousand individuals working across Government...
Part-time Development Manager - WISE Campaign
Join a leading, high profile campaign to increase the participation, contribution and success of women in science, engineering and technology across the UK. WISE provides expert support to a growing membership of over 160 organisations and several thousand individuals working across Government, academic institutions, business and industry. Our small, friendly team operates from an office in central Leeds. HRH The Princess Royal is patron of WISE. Find out more at www.wisecampaign.org.uk
Job Title: Development Manager
Reports to: Development Director
A social enterprise and membership organisation which generates its own income, WISE is growing fast as it develops relationships with an increasing number of corporate and institutional members. The new role of Development Manager is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference for women, for business and for the UK economy.
The Development Manager will support the Development Director to develop, manage and deliver a portfolio of WISE commercial products for employers. Your role will support our corporate members and other clients to reap the business benefits of gender diversity through implementing best practice in the recruitment, retention and advancement of women in science, engineering and technology. The role will require strong communication, organisational and commercial skills along with a deep knowledge of equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The Development Manager will liaise with corporate members, clients, internal teams, external delivery partners and other stakeholders to develop, roll-out and evaluate practical programmes to improve opportunities for women in a STEM environment.
Terms: Base salary: £30,600 FTE plus pension contribution.
A 2.5% London weighting and discretionary performance-related bonus are available.
Hours: Flexible Up to 80% pro-rata based on 30hrs a week. 25 days holiday plus bank holidays pro rata for reduced hours.
Location: Flexible: place of work will be WISE Head Office in Leeds or home-based. Regular travel to London and Leeds plus occasional meetings and events elsewhere across the UK will be required.
WISE campaigns for gender balance in STEM. We welcome applications from men as well as women who support the cause.
Working with the Development Director, ensure delivery of high quality programmes for STEM employers seeking to recruit, retain and improve opportunities for women in their organisation and the wider industry. This includes managing programmes currently offered in support of the Ten steps as well as supporting the development of new products and services.
- Manage the existing portfolio of offerings including preparing proposals, agreeing commercial terms, managing delivery of programmes either directly or through WISE associates, follow-up and evaluation
- Manage training provision through third party suppliers. Identify and establish commercial arrangements with new providers to add value to our corporate members.
- Responsible for managing relationships with WISE Associates to ensure quality and consistency of programmes delivered in our name
- Implement an evaluation programme, gathering feedback from members, sponsors and clients which can be used for marketing purposes and to inform future product development
- Contribute to the gathering of market insight on the recruitment, retention and progression of women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) to inform product development.
- Marketing of the WISE ten steps and other commercial offerings to employers.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with corporate members, sponsors, clients and suppliers of services and products at all times.
- Produce content such as case studies and checklists which can be shared online, at events and in the media
- Maintain accurate records of contact with members, associates, consultants and partners in the WISE CRM
- Deliver training, workshops and other direct interventions to support employers.
Successful track record in:
- Supporting employers to improve gender balance
- Delivery of consultancy, training or other B2B services
- Selling training, consultancy or similar services in a context relevant to WISE
- Innovation - turning creative ideas into commercially successful products or services
- Delivery of corporate training and consultancy (desirable)
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to persuade business and academic stakeholders to implement diversity, equality and inclusion programmes
- Develop and negotiate proposals to meet needs of commercial clients
- Complex stakeholder management, both internal and external
- Expertise in organisational change
- Articulate communicator and presenter
- Analytical and intellectual capability to create workable solutions to complex problems and measure their effectiveness and impact
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- A self-starter, able to use their initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Positive, can-do attitude and confident personality
- Effective team player
- Flexibility to work on a variety of projects at any one time and to respond to changing priorities
- Manage time and workload to meet deadlines
- Outcomes/results-orientated; a “completer finisher”
- Enthusiasm for, and understanding of, the WISE cause
Please send a CV and supporting letter of no longer than 2 sides of A4 with examples demonstrating a successful track record of achievement in a similar role and contact details for two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 12 noon on Friday 4 August Applicants who have been shortlisted will be notified by August 11th. If you have not been contacted by this date please assume you have been unsuccessful. Interviews will be held in Leeds on 31st August. For an informal discussion about the role please contact the WISE office on 0113 222 6072 to arrange a time to speak to Development Director Dr Mhairi Crawford